IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: The clinic will be closed from February 8, 2019 until early April 2019 and will not be scheduling treatment for new patients between these dates. If you need to contact us regarding previously treated cases, either leave a voice message at 541.744.2966 or contact us via our Contact Page.
Please don’t submit referrals or request treatment for new cases until after the Clinic re-opens. Thank you.
Other facilities providing radioiodine treatment for hyperthyroid cats in Oregon and Washington are:
1) Oregon Veterinary Specialty Clinic, 503-292-3001, Beaverton, OR
2) VCA Raleigh Hills, 503-292-9227, Portland, OR
3) VCA Northwest Veterinary Specialists at 503-656-3999, Clackamas, OR
4) Four Rivers Veterinary Clinic, 541-889-7776, Ontario, OR
5) Feline Hyperthyroid Treatment Center, 253-471-9200, Tacoma, WA
Dr. Doug Evans was the first veterinarian in the Pacific Northwest to be licensed to provide 131I therapy for hyperthyroid cats at the Feline Thyroid Clinic in Springfield, Oregon. The clinic is a special purpose veterinary nuclear medicine facility that provides 131-Iodine therapy for hyperthyroid cats and their people.
Radioactive Iodine (131I) is the safest, best and ultimately least costly lifetime treatment for almost all hyperthyroid cats. There are no radiation side effects for treated cats, owing to the selective uptake of radioactive iodine by "abnormal" thyroid cells.